KANIPAHOW Wilderness Resort & Outposts
Black Bear Hunt 2021
Rental Period from Saturday to Friday
|Bear Hunt (WMU 31)||Pricing – per person|
|Not Hunting (“sidekick” and children under 16)||$450|
The deposit can be paid by eTransfer, Credit Card or Cheque, we DO NOT accept PayPal.
The balance is to be paid in cash upon arrival. We do not accept Credit Cards or Personal Cheques for the balance due.
Included in Bear Hunt:
Full housekeeping Cabin – All cabins have fully equipped kitchen, fitted sheet on mattress, 4 pieces bathroom, hot/cold running water, BBQ, heat, satellite television, WIFI and we also supply; paper towel, toilet paper, dish cloths, tea towels, dish soap, scrubber.
1 Boat (per 3 people), motor, 1 tank of premix gasoline, swivel seats, life jackets, paddles, emergency marine kit.
1 Non-Resident Outfitter Bear Validation Tag.
- All prices are in Canadian Funds please add 13% HST tax.
- Applicable US Exchange Rate is 15%.
- 2 person minimum
- Bear Hunt is run from Kanipahow Resort
Not Included in Bear Hunt:
- Guide-in and Guide-Out service.
- Ground Transportation to and from baited sites.
- Tree stand (Steps/Rope + Safety belt).
- Trail Cameras.
- Bear skinning.
- Bear Hunting Licence & Export Permit.
- Fishing Licence.
All of the above services are available, please inquire about pricing when booking.
What you need to bring for your Bear Hunt:
- Food & Drink.
- Personal Toiletries
- Warm Clothes (Never know what the temperature will be)
- Hunter Orange hat and vest
- Previous hunting license CN or US
- Weapon of choice, gun, bow or crossbow
- Soft guncase or bowcase (legal requirement)
- Bug jacket and repellent
- Rain Gear
- Extra warm Footwear & Gloves
- Flash lights (Batteries)
- Coolers & Freezer Bags for Bear Export
- Cameras (trail, photographic, video)
- Hunting knife/sharpener
Licences and permits you will need:
Non-residents of Ontario
- Be at least 16 years old
- Have recognized hunting credentials from your home jurisdiction (or have recognized hunter credentials)
- Follow all federal firearm regulations around declaring and transporting non-restricted firearms
- hunting version Outdoors Card
- bear licence tag and game seal
- validation certificate (provided by the outfitter after you produce the above licence items)
- You must carry the hunting version Outdoors Card, licence tag and validation certificate whenever you hunt – and follow all hunting rules. See the Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary.
Other possible fees:
- Export Fee-$35 (if bringing your Bear back to U.S.)
- 8-day Sport Fishing Licence (Buy On-line)
- 8-Day Conservation Fishing Licence (Buy On-line)
- Firearms Declaration Form ($25 – read below)
Canadian Firearms Declaration Form:
You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.
Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) and from all Customs offices across Canada.
Visit the RCMP web site for more information
Please Note: Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.
Fishing & Hunting Licence & Outdoor Card:
Non-residents can buy a hunting license, fishing license and outdoor card on-line hereon-line here (off site)
Should you have any general questions pertaining to the hunting regulations summary please contact the Natural Resource Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org